This time last year, we were all looking forward with optimism to the year ahead and planning with that inevitable enthusiasm! There is always excitement at beginning something new and working with new people to set goals and get started. It’s so rewarding to be able to reflect on the things we accomplished in 2023.
Before I dive into sharing our accomplishments, I want to take a moment to shine the light on someone who made this year possible through her dedication and skill. Last year, as I assumed the presidency, I received one of the greatest honors of my life: my daughter Hannah’s moving speech about her life lessons and the qualities that make her such a strong, intelligent, and capable individual. I am so grateful that she committed to partnering with me. Over the past year, she assumed the reigns of our brokerage so that I could multi-task and fully devote the time needed to take the reigns as your 2023 president.
Our 2023 Board of Directors was a phenomenal team, representing our association with unwavering dedication. Together, we tackled monumental challenges that will solidify our future success. Here are just a few highlights:
• Securing MLS Independence: Joseph Towns will expertly lead the newly independent MLS in 2024.
• Modernized Bylaws: We streamlined our bylaws to reflect updated national and Texas REALTOR® standards, ensuring continued relevance and effectiveness.
• National Representation: Our unwavering membership growth earned us a powerful voice at the national level, and Jack Stapleton will proudly represent us in 2024.
• Financial Steadfastness: Despite unforeseen challenges like failed air conditioners, a rogue water heater, and a hailstorm that pummeled our roof, our finances remained steadfast. Our building is looking better than ever!
• Embracing Diversity: We established a thriving Diversity Committee, fostering inclusivity and representation within our organization.
• Investing in the Future: Four talented members and one staff member—Scarlett Hao, Jason Dishongh, Dawn Stroud, Kaitlin McWhorter, and Michaela Potts—completed the prestigious TRLP program, injecting fresh ideas and energy into our association.
• Celebrating Local Achievement: We witnessed the incredible honor of Kriston Wood becoming RVP of Texas REALTORS®.
This dedicated board worked tirelessly, day and night, to ensure our association shone brightly. My deepest gratitude goes to Alisha Austin, Amanda Keeley, Belinda Payne, Candy Cooke, Darian Rausch, Greg Hodge, Jason Dishingh, Julie Jones, Kim Dale, Kristi Sanguinet, Michele Sherwood, and Tara Knight for their unwavering commitment.
Beyond the Board: The incredible work we do wouldn’t be possible without the dedication of our exceptional committee chairs. These individuals sacrifice countless hours, fueled by passion and a desire to make our association thrive. Until you’ve walked in their shoes, it’s hard to imagine the sheer scale of their contributions.
Our unsung heroes deserve a standing ovation as well. Michaela, Ismael, Sarah, Kimberly, and Katie are the backbone of our association, quietly supporting every event, educational initiative, and member need. We are incredibly fortunate to have such a talented and dedicated staff.
And finally, our association wouldn’t shine so brightly without our phenomenal executive officer, Heather Bonamo. Her drive and vision keep us on track and constantly evolving. We are exceptionally lucky to have such a skilled and dedicated leader.
As I hand the reins to the capable hands of Kim Dale, I feel immense pride and gratitude. Together, we’ve navigated challenges, celebrated triumphs, and laid the groundwork for an even brighter future for the Williamson County Association of REALTORS®. Here’s to what’s to come!